Wednesday 13 March 2013

Dutty Digicel! >:(

More and more I discover that Digicel has little or no regard for its customers. No one can stop a company from changing its policies, but sheesh! A little heads up would be nice! Digicel is starting to be like Cable and Wireless of old, doing whatever they hell they want, and who waa bex bex, because they know the customers will eventually come to the conclusion that most people are using that network and therefore most folk will not switch. Well! I have HAD IT! (Still naa guh switch tho :/)



I went to the Digicel in the Transport Centre in Half-Way-Tree recently to do a SIM replacement, as the welcome letter that you receive with each sim card purchase CLEARLY states: "HAHA you think this letter means something" "If your first SIM card needs replacing for whatever reason we thieves Digicel will replace it for (REMEMBER THIS WORD!!!) >>>>FREE<<<<< as long as you have this letter or your SIM card holder to verify that the SIM card was yours. Any ADDITIONAL replacements will incur a charge." 

Y'all see it? Cool. Sorry, I had to embellish.

We all remember how the former government stupidly allowed Digicel to shut down Claro after they bought them out, then Digicel offered Claro customers the option to trade in their Claro SIM for a Digicel one. Due to how I could use the extra $100 credit each month, you know who went to do that! Mind you this was last year (February 27, 2012--I remember cause I'm cool like that) when I went to do this, and the letter CLEARLY stated the above: "If your first SIM card needs replacing for whatever reason Digicel will replace it for >>>>FREE<<<<< as long as you have this letter or your SIM card holder to verify that the SIM card was yours. Any ADDITIONAL replacements will incur a charge."

Now, imagine my surprise when the person behind the store counter gave me the attitude laced response that I have to pay $585JMD for it (a whopping $5 discount from the usual $590). Being the consumer affairs champion that I am, I asked when this policy was implemented. Her response? "For the last two years. *insert cut yeye here*" I informed her I never heard about this and she said it was since Aug 2011 to be exact. You know who bring up the letter which he got on February 27, 2012 which said: *ahem*

"IF YOUR FIRST SIM CARD NEEDS REPLACING FOR WHATEVER REASON DIGICEL WILL REPLACE IT FOR >>>>FREE<<<<< AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THIS LETTER OR YOUR SIM CARD HOLDER TO VERIFY THAT THE SIM CARD WAS YOURS. ANY ADDITIONAL REPLACEMENTS WILL INCUR A CHARGE"

A read me cyaa read or wah? And due to how I got the letter in 2012, its supposed to still be valid right?
I rushed to another Digicel in Pavilion Mall--SAME story. Checked a Digicel in Portmore, same thing.

Now, how the hell dem muss do dis?! If you sign a contract, if the company changes the policies after you have signed your contract, that doesn't matter, because what's on your contract is what matters! I told a friend about the situation and he said that this was grounds for a lawsuit, but I was like, "sure, let's go to court for a $585 replacement SIM" -____-

However, as I wrote this post, it dawned on me! The likkle dutty red bugga dem smart!
(Disclaimer: If I hav friends at Digicel, not you guys! The policy makers mi a talk!)
There's a reason we only get a welcome letter and not a contract! That way, they can do whatever the hell they want, and we can't do shit! Brilliant isn't it? Or am I wrong? Can I sue dem for my $585 with the letter? (Legal advice please!)

AAAAAAANYWAY, the point is: Digicel keeps on doing little things like this with little or no announcement and we just take it! If carrier pigeons were still a viable way of communicating in this age, a desso mi gone long time! Mi wudda all sell pigeon ya now. Chatbout.

Digicel has no respect and regard for Jamaican people, and we shouldn't stand for it anymore. Don't patronize them if you don't have to, and if you have a better alternative, use it! (if a certain citrus related company was paying me I'd so advertise them right now). When I realized that I was being told to pay for something I shouldn't, I said: "screw dat!" walked out the store, and threw away that useless welcome letter. (I did however find my prodigal SIM card so is a good thing mi neva run guh spen mi money). Its about time more of us start doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment